Depression Facts and Statistics
Here are a few important facts that you may not know:
- One in five people suffer from depression at some stage of their lives.
- Women suffer from depression twice as much as men.
- One in four women will experience depression at least once in their lives.
- 60-80% of depressed people can be treated with success.
- For every two murders in America, there are three suicides
- Since 1945 cases of depression have increased tenfold.
- Up to 80% of suicides happen as a result of depression
- About 50 million people in the United States are depressed.
There are a number of interesting conclusions that come from these facts:
Depression is increasing. This must be due to society and changes in lifestyle.
Educating people about depression and encouraging them to seek help will reduce suicide.
Only a small percentage of cases are due to a chemical imbalance.
Support helps enormously.
Goal-setting encourages hope.
Self Esteem is a big issue, work on this and you protect yourself from the hits you take in life.
Here is something that can really help you..
Download this hypnosis package - 3 specially selected sessions that will help you gain self belief and improve
your opinion of yourself. Get the Feel Better About Yourself Download now.